homestead - Re: [Homestead] We made an offer!

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We made an offer!
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 22:08:52 -0400

My brother is still using daily a 1950 Montgomery Wards, which he rebuilt once; I remember he had the whole thing spread out all over the floor of the implement shed.... It has always had very heavy usage, although not abuse, and to my knowledge it has never given trouble. Of course, now it wouldn't dare! He recently 'gave' it to his daughter but always seems to still need it 'a coupla weeks' yet, so she has yet to move it to her place 50 miles distant. He has other tractors (restores and makes parts for old tractors) but somehow I think Amy's gonna have trouble getting this one moved.
He and I both learned to drive on that tractor, together (took two, neither one of us long enough to reach both wheel and brakes....be illegal in this day and age to send that combo to the field. But we could do anything my uncle could do with it, including cultivate without ripping out rows....

Susan Jane, in Maine