homestead - Re: [Homestead] We made an offer!

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We made an offer!
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 09:07:02 -0400

20 acres, and we made an offer (same seller) for an extra lot next door.

I pulled this from Wikipedia. I am in heaven...

"Ithacans support the Ithaca Farmers Market, professional theaters (Kitchen Theatre, Hangar Theatre, Icarus Theatre), a civic orchestra, much parkland, the Sciencenter, a hands-on science museum for people of all ages, and the Museum of the Earth. Ithaca is noted for its annual artistic celebration of community: The Ithaca Festival (and its parade), the Circus Eccentrithaca. Local live music is very prominent in the culture of Ithaca, the home of several nationally known acts such as Johnny Dowd, John Brown's Body, Donna the Buffalo, The Horseflies, and The Burns Sisters. The Constance Saltonstall Foundation for the Arts provides grants and Summer Fellowships at the Saltonstall Arts Colony for New York State artists and writers. Ithaca also hosts what is described as the third-largest used-book sale in the United States. Other festivals occur annually, with music and food. These include The Apple Festival in the fall, with many different varieties of apples and apple products; Chili Fest in February, a local contest involving many local restaurants who compete to make the best chili in several different categories.

Many Ithaca-area musicians participate in the Grassroots Festival, held in nearby Trumansburg.

Ithaca has also pioneered the Ithaca Health Fund, a popular cooperative health insurance. Ithaca is also home to one of the United States' first local currency systems, Ithaca Hours, developed by Paul Glover (building on the pioneering work of Ralph Borsodi and Robert Swann)."

And if all hell breaks loose, it'd be a half a day's ride to town. Course, it'd be three days home.... my poor Fat Boy Kipper Pony... because it'll be uphill.

I can't shut up. : )