homestead - Re: [Homestead] Establishing pasture

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Establishing pasture
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 08:12:44 -0500

On May 4, 2008, at 7:47 AM, Robert Walton wrote:

How long would it take, do you think, to plant and establish pasture?

I grew up on a dairy farm, we regularly rotated between corn, oats or
wheat, hay and pasture.

Except for the wheat, we did the same in mid-Wisconsin. Oats or rye, alfalfa, then after hay and pasture, corn again.

Moon, if you guys get serious about the Ithaca area, you will profit from checking out the Cornell College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. Their Web page is:
http://www.cals.cornell.edu/cals/