homestead - [Homestead] Monsanto Monster rolls on, over nearly everyone

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Monsanto Monster rolls on, over nearly everyone
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 09:00:33 -0500

No better logic for selecting and saving heirloom seeds exists than the need to thwart monster seed companies like Monsanto. For those not aware of how insidiously Monsanto is taking over agriculture, this article is a good place to begin. Here's a quote from the article:

"Most Americans know Monsanto because of what it sells to put on our lawns— the ubiquitous weed killer Roundup. What they may not know is that the company now profoundly influences—and one day may virtually control—what we put on our tables."

The article, titled Monsanto's Harvest of Fear, is at:
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2008/05/monsanto200805

  • [Homestead] Monsanto Monster rolls on, over nearly everyone, Gene GeRue, 05/04/2008