homestead - Re: [Homestead] Follow the Drinking Gourd

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Follow the Drinking Gourd
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 05:47:34 -0500

On Apr 28, 2008, at 8:57 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Placing white Europeans as the only ones instigate slavery, invasion, and
genocide is drawing a very artificial line. </HTML>

History is replete with people of many nations capturing those of conquered nations and putting them into servitude.

We have yet to become civilized in how we treat our fellow humans. How long before you think we will rise above our animal status? Ever? In ways, it is necessary that the strong use those weaker. It is still survival of the fittest.

Thanks for the Cherokee bit. I have a great-grandmother, named Elizabeth Wood, who family says was Cherokee. This was in Northern Michigan and northern Wisconsin.