homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:26:31 -0500

On Apr 28, 2008, at 6:58 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

And me, of course. I am 3 months older than Obama, born on the same day
as freako Dennis Rodman...lol..
You know, people talk about McCain's age, but Obama's age is a factor
for me. Because he is my age, I wonder if he is wise enough. Most
folks my age *are* still trying to keep up with the Jones', and if they
aren't elitist, they are trying to be. My generation can be pretty
shallow..we were teens in the funky 70's, and came of age in the ME
generation. I dunno. I think I want my Prez to be older than me...

Well, we all want a president more mature than you, Bev. Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Seriously, when I think of all the things I despise about the DC Whorehouse and the White House Command Center, I keep coming back to how most congresspeople keep getting reelected and how they indoctrinate the few new people coming in each election out of their fresh ideas and I beg all of you to vote against the incumbent and of course I may as well shout into the wind. I weigh the pros and cons of experience versus inexperience, of wise in the ways of Washington versus naive belief in what might be. I do not like how things have been handled by our elected servants for quite some time now. The occasional real promise was by the young guys, like JFK. That's why I am looking hard at Obama. Yes, young people make more mistakes. But they are more likely to be honest mistakes. The mistakes of entrenched power is on purpose.