homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:13:05 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:
I think I want my Prez to be older than me...

Well, we all want a president more mature than you, Bev. Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Seriously,

I am serious!!!

The
occasional real promise was by the young guys, like JFK. That's why I am looking hard at Obama.

Am I the only one who is not that impressed with JFK?
I mean, has everyone forgotten the Bay of Pigs, the Berlin Crisis, the push for thousands of 'advisors' to Vietnam? I mean, there were several times when the Cold War almost became a Hot War. I think unemployment was highest during the Kennedy years than any other time during the 60's..(I'm sure someone will check me on that)
Kennedy, like Obama, was a great statesman, but was he really that great of a president? He, most certainly, was an elitist, and he cheated on Jackie, too. Morally, he sucked, but he talked a good game.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky