homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama and religion
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:17:39 EDT

Grant was pretty much a failure at everything he tried until it came time to
lead the army. At that he did well. I don't look to Generals to find human
compassion any more than I would look to street gang members to round out the

numbers in a quilting society. What I can say for Grant is that he and his
family didn't have money, slaves, or practically anything else. The fact that

his wife's father did, and loaned his daughter help since she was raising the

kids with a husband at war and while Grant was out of work is a separate
issue. I have no idea what his morals were on the slavery issue, but Grants
father
in law didn't give him any property after his early failures in business, he
didn't want Grant to lose it. Grant never owned or sold slaves. That was an
old rumor, repeatedly disproved

Drew.

In a message dated 4/28/2008 1:56:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,