homestead - Re: [Homestead] Meeting David Wilson

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Meeting David Wilson
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:24:15 -0400

Lynda wrote:

Does anyone ever do the math on how few *big* plantations there were?

It's probably all relative. I have 22 acres, and most people think that's big, too, but I know a couple of you have multiple hundred. The list itself is probably a good cross section. Is there anyone with a farm larger than 500 acres?
How about 250 acres?
100?

22 acres doesn't seem large enough to support a massive plantation with multiple slaves...a few kids would do. ;)

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky