homestead - Re: [Homestead] Meeting David Wilson

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Meeting David Wilson
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:00:21 -0400

Lynda wrote:
No, I'm not terribly interested in these "stories." Everyone who has or
Do folks ever stop to think just how many slaves there would have to be "in the South" and just how many Cherokee there would have to be, none of which would have had time to work btw, inorder to produce these literally MILLIONS of folks who can all trace their roots back to either a Cherokee princess, and yes, it is always a Cherokee princess, which btw way is an Indian term for "hang around the fort" Indian (whore) or to a Southern Plantation.

Does anyone ever do the math on how few *big* plantations there were?

Please note it is never a Northern factory owner or Northern plantation (yes, they had them too) OR, heaven forbid, some sharecropper who had one slave. Oh no, that just wouldn't do!

Lynda

Thank you for that, Lynda.
Living 15 miles from New Echota, and on land that the Cherokee considered good hunting ground, a lot of folks around here claim Cherokee blood. Probably, there really is a fair portion of Cherokee in these parts, but I know what you are saying and it does get old.

I think you are right about the big plantations, too.
There certainly weren't that many in northern GA because the aforementioned Cherokee were here until the 1830's, and even after that, there wouldn't have been many big farms as the piedmont is so different than the coastal plains.

I think a LOT of dark complected people would be very surprised to learn of their ancestry.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky