homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rev Wright Interview

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rev Wright Interview
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:24:01 -0500

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 8:12 PM, Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com> wrote:
> This is not a Barak Obama thread.
>
> Tomorrow night on PBS, there is an interview with Rev. Wright. It's at
> 10 pm in my area. I hope that people will watch it and see what the
> man has to say.

I believe he's going to be interviewed by Bill Moyers.

I was appalled by the clips, as most people who saw only that little
snip of his sermon were, so I looked up the whole sermon on YouTube.
It's not nearly so inflammatory when heard in context. Martin Luther
King said many far more inflammatory things. Not to mention some of
the well-known fundamentalists: God hates America seems to be a
well-worn theme. If you OD on the old testament, you end up talking
like that.

Thanks for the reminder, Rob.

Marie