homestead - [Homestead] Rev Wright Interview

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Rev Wright Interview
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:12:50 -0400

This is not a Barak Obama thread.

Tomorrow night on PBS, there is an interview with Rev. Wright. It's at
10 pm in my area. I hope that people will watch it and see what the
man has to say.

I've lived in the rural south most of my life and that means having
black folk around all the time as a part of your life. One of the
things that I see in my black neighbors is the hurt they feel that the
country has seen this crazy glimpse into the black church.

The black church is different than the white church and it's a big
part of my friends lives. Whether Wright is a good or bad apple, it's
a shame that this is more than most people have ever seen of the black
church.

Rob - Va