homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Freecycle Farm

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Freecycle Farm
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:16:22 -0700

At 4/22/2008 02:22 PM,Gloria Morris wrote:
I joined a couple of free cycle programs in relatively nearby cities,
in a burst of good will. The "close" town is about 20 miles away. The
other is about 40 miles away.
The few times I've perused the offerings, there is no way I would
drive 40 miles round trip (or 80) to get it. I'm sure the lists are
great for town folks, but I have doubts about it for myself. Never say
never - I suppose I may end up giving something away through it one of
these days.

Gloria

The trick is to offer something only when you will already be making the trip into "a" town. Offer to deliver it a commonly know place. If they don't show up (it's happened to me) just swing by the land fill or thrift shop and get rid of it there.
For taking something you'll either have to be going there already or have the trip worth what you are getting.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net