homestead - Re: [Homestead] And Thus Spoke Pennsylvania

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] And Thus Spoke Pennsylvania
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:06:30 -0400

On Apr 23, 2008, at 9:09 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

I wish I could work up enough to care, Bev, I really do. I just can't.
The only thing I am excited about is that Obama is involving younger
voters in droves.

So did Hitler.

Unsere Fahne flattert uns voran
Unsere Fahne ist die neue Zeit
Und die Fahne führt uns in die Ewigkeit!
Ja, die Fahne ist mehr als der Tod!!

I find it impossilbe to get exicted about the Obama-Jungen.

I was thinking more long term than this election. I'm hoping today's kids are going to become thoughtful responsible educated voters of tomorrow. Like I said, other than being anxious about the next President's appts to the SC, it's pretty much all the dang same. It might BE all the dang same, really. I hope not.

I look at this
stupid primary and the only thing I feel is sickened by the waste of

[sigh] I suppose I ought to keep quiet and quit being a broken record. On
the other hand, how am I to become famous for Jamesethusian Economics. Ya
never know, do they give a Nobel Prize for annoying people??

Just because you don't spend the money on the campaign, it doesn't mean there
is that much money to spend on anything else. I wonder what it would take to
break the ironclad mantra that money is something real?? Right now, as you
have heard, people are having a hard time buying bulk staples such as rice.
Let's suppose that to relieve that, we took ALL the campaign money and gave it
to people to so they could buy more rice. What would happen? Would more rice
suddenly appear in the warehouses and silos?

No, the amount of rice would stay the same and its price would shoot through
the roof.
</HTML>

No, I'm with you. I wasn't really talking about the individual dollars or the legality of political donations, but more about the whole process. I was listening to the opinions about how the SC decision today played out, the one about having to reveal personal funds spent on campaigns, et all, and how campaigns work around the restrictions put in place, and I am just amazed at how Byzantine we have become.

Celia