homestead - Re: [Homestead] Pretty, and pretty scary, California map

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Pretty, and pretty scary, California map
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 10:35:43 -0700

At 4/19/2008 09:34 AM,EarthNSky wrote:

So Gene, you were what, 35 miles from the epicenter of the Northridge
quake and it almost threw you out of bed at a mag 6.7...can you imagine
a 7.7, something 10 times stronger and has 30 times more energy? What
about an 8.5 or 8.7?

It is hard to think about, and hence people don't and retreat to that place called "it won't happen to me".

Is "it won't happen to me" anything like "I can't imagine it"?

Seems to me if you CAN imagine an 8.5 quake it's because it HAS happened to you.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net