homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shake, rattle and roll

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shake, rattle and roll
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 12:22:54 -0500

I'm not Marie, but I live nearby. I spoke to her earlier and she is fine,
but she felt it.

The earthquake awakened us this morning. The house shook for perhaps 15
seconds or so. It was the first time in my life I've actually felt an
earthquake. We had an aftershock this morning. I felt that as well. We had
no damage to the house, thankfully. On my drive to work I passed a downed
power line. It had simply snapped. Sad, if our electric grid cannot
withstand even a small tremor, and yet another good reason to be prepared
for power outages. Our grid would do very poorly in a larger quake.

Gloria