homestead - Re: [Homestead] What people will do for homemade cherry pie

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What people will do for homemade cherry pie
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 17:39:26 -0700

At 4/12/2008 04:23 PM,Gene GeRue wrote:
I have prepared the Balaton cherry as well as I can. The first few
flowers opened today. Twenty-five degrees predicted for the next two
mornings. The tree is fifteen feet tall, so getting the big tarp up
and over, especially in gusty wind, using an eighteen-foot cedar pole
and a twenty-foot PVC pipe, was challenging. I have it tied down all
around to keep it in place during potential winds. I hung a 75-watt
bulb up inside. Will report whether it works or not.

Sent a photo to Don. Perhaps he can make it available.

I am NOT available for similar work on other homesteads except as a
long-distance consultant.

I read the subject and thought it was a question. I'd do a lot for some homemade cherry pie but now I see what you are up to.
First read I thought it was an 18' cedar ladder and wow does Gene really want that cherry pie, glad I read that wrong.
Ok, from my point of view... when will the pie be ready?
<VBG>.

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA