homestead - Re: [Homestead] Insurance--a homesteader's viewpoint

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Insurance--a homesteader's viewpoint
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 20:47:57 EDT

> I use the money I might otherwise give
> to an insurance company to obtain the best quality food I can find. I
> eat very well. Good beer, too.

It would amaze those who have not tried it just how much better (healthier)
food one can afford for the price of an insurance premium.

I base this following partially on a conversation with a physicial (general).
My suspicion is that most doctors know very well that exercise, weight loss,
and above all (or contributing to it all) a very healthy diet would correct
97% of what they treat with chemicals. But they know just as well that
people
aren't going to do it. It's a choice of unpleasantly lecturing about
destructive lifestyle to absolutely no end, or give them the pills and be
done with
it.

A short while back I took all the children for dental checkups (with no
dental work needed!). The dentist knows very well it costs us deep in the
purse to
just have proper exams for them all and so he adjusts his bill accordingly.
It is still monstrously expensive. I accompanied the youngest through the
routine (he had the prophylactic sealants for his molars, great invention,
that)
and another boy about his age was in the next chair with something like
eleven
cavities.

The dentist lectured the mother on giving the boy soda and too much fruit
juice. Seems children walk around with those pouches and boxes and swill
their
mouths the fruit juice with hours on end. The mother said she'd try to
watch
it.

The dentist squared off toward her and said, "Try?? If you don't buy it, he
can't drink it!!"

But it must be no end of frustration. Modren medicine is based, so says I,
on us having thrown in the towel on healthy living and just dealing with and
managing what's left. </HTML>