homestead - Re: [Homestead] Insurance--a homesteader's viewpoint

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Insurance--a homesteader's viewpoint
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 16:35:50 -0500

On Apr 6, 2008, at 3:56 PM, clhw wrote:

The local hospital to my county has instituted a 30% discount for anyone
who pays the entire bill of a procedure, like . . . .

This caused something to come to mind. When I last got new lenses for my glasses a few months ago the optometrist at Lenscrafters said I had a slight infection in one eye. He started to fill out a prescription for medicine to cure it. I don't recall what triggered it, but I mentioned that I carry no health insurance. He immediately tore up the prescription. He said keep calling my receptionist and ask if the medicine samples have been dropped off by the pharma company salesperson. I did that and within the week I had a free sample.