homestead - Re: [Homestead] Insurance--a homesteader's viewpoint

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Insurance--a homesteader's viewpoint
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 16:38:37 -0500

On Apr 6, 2008, at 3:22 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

At our ages health insurance would cost four times it otherwise takes us to
live. Why mirthlessly enslave oneself to such a system? Better, says I, to
live well while one can than to live half-assed because of a fear of something
going wrong.

And there it is, my philosophy well expressed. As I have noted, I do not pay for disease insurance; I use the money I might otherwise give to an insurance company to obtain the best quality food I can find. I eat very well. Good beer, too.