homestead - Re: [Homestead] A Question of Global Ethics? Morals?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A Question of Global Ethics? Morals?
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:28:29 -0400

DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:
Unfortunately, our government does not decide where these events are held, the
international olympic committee has that power. Let's not forget the Nazi's hosted the 1936 games and our athletes presence and performance in the end
was hurtful to the Nazis. Had we boycotted that one and allowed the propagandists
to hold up the superiority of the "master race" to the world, the Nazis would have
been even more empowered.
Drew

Drew, that is a most excellent point. Thank you.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky