homestead - Re: [Homestead] A Question of Global Ethics? Morals?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A Question of Global Ethics? Morals?
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:45:39 -0800

We know a family whose daughter is qualified for the Olympics. They refuse to go. The organization for their sport has threatened them with not being able to compete in anything if they don't go.

I have heard rumors boycott for weeks, mostly on the Tibet/human rights
issues from Europe, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we boycotted
them, too. We are in a financial/moral war with China, and we could get
a shot in by boycotting the Olympics.

Bev
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky