homestead - Re: [Homestead] A Question of Global Ethics? Morals?

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A Question of Global Ethics? Morals?
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 01:05:24 EDT

>We know a family whose daughter is qualified for the Olympics. They refuse
>to go. The organization for their sport has threatened them with not being
>able to compete in anything if they don't go.

How sad for the young lady who has worked so hard, and the family that has
encouraged and supported her. Maybe the subject line should read 'ethic$'
and
'moral$'. We need, perhaps, to first address our government, and then the
sponsers of the event. Talking out of both sides of your mouth makes your
face
look real funny.

Sandy
Mid-Mojave