homestead - Re: [Homestead] Barbeque Pit

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Barbeque Pit
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:58:57 -0800

If you're doing milk fed, why not a sealed pit like they do in Hawaii? Talk about yummy! You'll need a deeper pit but it really is worth the trouble!!!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>

Hey all,

Barbeque may be more controversial than politics :>) My hog is gone
(freezer) and I want to get another one. I'm going to trade a friend
for a weanling. The idea is to feed it on goat milk and scraps and
have a big barbeque this summer.

I want to do a pit that I can cook a whole hog in. I have a basic idea
to lay the sides in block and/or rock and use metal over the top to
hold the hog up.