homestead - Re: [Homestead] Politics

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Politics
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:13:57 -0800

The problem is that we don't need a "perception," what we need is the real thing.

Take for example the lastest bruhaha on the news. McCain and lobbyists. Bad McCain and all those lobbyists.

O.K., my question is what is worse. The transparency of McCain and lobbyists OR the deciet of Obama and his lobbyists?

As I've said before, Teflon Obama makes Slick Willy look dull as coal dust.

Obama doesn't take any money from the lobbyists *themselves.* Instead, he has the lobbyists volunteer for his campaign OR he asks their wives to donate money to his campaign, "you're a lobbyist and we don't want contributions from lobbyists. But your wife can contribute and we like your network."

And, yes, before anyone gets all in a twitter, I do have names:

Mike Williams, direct of government relations at Credit Suisse Securities (lead in what is known as the K Street Supporters)
Tom Daschle, consultant for Alston & Bird
Broderick Johnson, president of Bryan Cave Strategies LLC
Mark Keam, lead lobbyist at Verizon
Jimmy Williams, VP of government affairs for the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America
Thomas Walls, vP of federal public affairs at McGuireWoods Consulting
Francis Grab, senior manager at Washington Council Ernst & Young

And that's the short list!

Lynda

----- Original Message ----- From: <paxamicus AT earthlink.net>

I could be wrong but isn't that Obama's strength, constitutional law?

And Lynda, I'm sorry, I never answered your question on the Obama
thread, I just got buried for a few days. I'd like to clarify
something, though. I am not sure we gain anything in terms of "good
will" from other counties if we do elect Obama. I was asking if people
think there *might* be. I know as a kid my Irish Catholic family was
as proud of Jack Kennedy as if he was born to us. I just can't help
but wonder if there is something to be gained in what will surely be
perceived as something different than business as usual.

The other thing you said, and if I'm wrong do please correct me
because I'm that buried, I can't even find the original thread now,
the other thing is that I think we didn't agree on was my use of
"we". By this I meant the U.S. as a country, doing badly. If that is
correct, than I strongly disagree with you. We have met the real
enemy, and it is us.