homestead - Re: [Homestead] fence posts

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] fence posts
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:57:38 -0800

At 3/3/2008 02:15 PM,VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:
I have some friends who are trying to afford a fence
on a rented place, absolute bottom dollar is all they
can afford. I have lots of fence post size trees that
need to go anyway, would it be worth their while to
use these since it would be free posts to them?

In Minnesota a wood post was only good for a year. The metal posts worked well and when picked up at a farm auction they could be real cheap. To keep the goats in I used electric fencing.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net