homestead - [Homestead] fence posts

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] fence posts
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:15:07 -0800 (PST)

I have some friends who are trying to afford a fence
on a rented place, absolute bottom dollar is all they
can afford. I have lots of fence post size trees that
need to go anyway, would it be worth their while to
use these since it would be free posts to them? Or
is my brother correct in saying that "they wouldn't
last as long as it takes to get them in"? Don't have
any hedge or good locust, but do have lots of oak. if
using these is it worth it to soak the underground
part in any solution, I expect that would cost more
than purchased posts but, so far, haven't found a
definate answer.
Van Dell