homestead - Re: [Homestead] I found a house

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I found a house
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 12:03:46 EST

> Interesting site. A collection of negativity.

Yes, I've heard that dismissal before. I notice that it never carries with
it any figures nor analyses.

Gene, some of these people were saying this was going to happen, that it was
inevitable, back in 2002 or before. During the feeding frenzy of the Housing
Bubble, they predicted, with data and analysis to back it up, that right now
housing would be crashing and why. Turns out they were right. And the
cheerleaders saying "It's always a good time to buy" were wrong. These
people's
predictions were dismissed as idle doomsaying.

If you find out you have terminal cancer, sure, there's no reason to dwell on
the negativity. But that doesn't mean that by ignoring the negative, it is
going to go away. Housing has crashed and those who accurately predicted it
say that it could be 20 years before the credit/debt housing debacle sorts
itself out. Those whose financial future is hitched to ever increasing real
estate
values are screwed.

> I need a Heartwood fix real bad.

Ironic, that, don't you think? </HTML>