homestead - Re: [Homestead] I found a house

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I found a house
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:07:47 -0500

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 9:17 PM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> Looking at the cold, hard stats one comes across 'ever' and 'never' many
> times. Most and largest percentage of houses in foreclosure ever ...
>

>From *Agora Financial's 5 Minute Forecast*:

*Nearly 6% of all U.S. homeowners were in some form of mortgage delinquency
> during the fourth quarter of 2007.* That's an all-time high.
>
> According to this morning's Mortgage Bankers Association report, the U.S.
> is currently enduring historic levels of foreclosures… at least since it
> started keeping track in 1985.

This was received with the sentence in bold. I guess "all-time high" is the
same as 'ever.'

>From the US Census Bureau I learned there is a slightly less % of homeowners
now than a year ago (on par w/ 2002), but I thought it was interesting how
they counted foreclosures (last item on bottom of page of link). 6% is big
w/ a B and seems to me that many of the foreclosures in process have not yet
been counted.

http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/housing/hvs/faq.html