homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 00:07:06 -0800

Oh yeah. Then he can make all the voters join his club like he made it a requirement at some colleges to mandate membership in his garbage!

The guy needs a padded room!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj AT intrex.net>

<http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/24/nader.politics/index.html>
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Ralph Nader is entering the presidential race as an independent, he announced Sunday, saying it is
time for a "Jeffersonian revolution."
Ralph Nader is running for president as an independent.

"In the last few years, big money and the closing down of Washington against citizen groups prevent us from trying to
improve our country. And I want everybody to have the right and opportunity to improve their country," he told reporters
after an appearance announcing his candidacy on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Asked why he should be president, the longtime consumer advocate said, "Because I got things done." He cited a 40-year
record, which he said includes saving "millions of lives," bringing about stricter protection for food and water and
fighting corporate control over Washington.

Nader's decision, which did not come as a surprise to political watchers, marks his fourth straight White House bid -- fifth if his 1992 write-in campaign is included.