homestead - Re: [Homestead] Outside pizza oven, tiled

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Outside pizza oven, tiled
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:19:19 -0800

Wellll, I just happen to have it sitting right here <g> DH was just figuring out how much of what to buy and deciding where to put one. Firebrick for the walls.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob" <becida AT comcast.net>

Yes I own the book and yes it does tell you how to build an outside
oven. Fire brick is used for the floor and I'd have to go look at it
to tell you if the walls are firebrick or not. These ovens have mass
and insulation and another wall to hold the insulation and provide
protection for the inside. The insulation is the poured in type.

This is NOT a mud oven.

If you really want to build one this book would be worth your time.