homestead - Re: [Homestead] Outside pizza oven, tiled

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Outside pizza oven, tiled
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:37:35 -0800

I am reading a fascinating book on the uses of fire in antiquity. This book is about how we learned to control fire to first make a hard pottery then learned to smelt metals. Along the way we learned how to control fire to make cement and glass. After this thread I realize that the book is missing something, the use of fire to make great Pizzas and brew great beer. Then the consumption of both while watching that greatest of all displays of heat, the sun set.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com