homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rural Land Prices and Conditions

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rural Land Prices and Conditions
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 05:45:12 -0700

On Jan 23, 2008, at 9:47 PM, Lynda wrote:

I'd say the stock market isn't listening to what the "party in power" is
telling it!

The party that owns the Oval Office always does what it can to keep the office. At least for as long as I have been voting. But I have come to believe that political tinkering with the economy rarely produces substantial results. The tinkering is for the purpose of buying support and that is all it does, for those who are susceptible.

I am impressed with the stock market as a reflection of how very emotional we human animals are. The main purpose of a financial planner, seems to me, is to offset emotion.