homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rural Land Prices and Conditions

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rural Land Prices and Conditions
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:18:15 -0800 (PST)

Our county is going through that to a lesser degree.
We are only 30 miles from a growing city, Columbia MO,
and are experiencing some of that growth described.
I'm hoping it will be a generation before it gets as
bad as what Gloria went through.
We don't have zoning or building permits in the
county, though they are expecting that to happen in
the future. Creating septic tank regulations was the
first step toward a zoning ordinance. Well, I guess
if you must do it, at least take it step by step and
not go to far overboard, thankfully.
So far it seems that the county to the west of us is
too far from any city for that to be happening. These
areas that are totally agricultural and beyond
commuting distance to the city seem to be spared so
far.