homestead - Re: [Homestead] Just weird

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Just weird
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 00:31:17 -0600

On Jan 10, 2008 12:02 AM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
> O.K., so I'm gruesome. What the heck do they do with the bones? I mean,
> the bones won't decay in 15 to 25 years.

Of course, it depends on the local and immediate conditions, but bones
can compost very quickly. In my giant compost heaps where I buried
goats and the various Anatolians have gone excavating (and I have
moved the composted material with the skid loader), the only traces of
dead animals II find after a couple of years are skulls, which are a
lot thicker than bones, in general.

The late, great Louie excavated every skull on the place and lined
them up in the driveway. It may have kept the JWs at bay for a while
-- probably figured that Satan worshippers lived here. He put them in
a line, too.

Marie