homestead - Re: [Homestead] Off grid living

  • From: "Chris Clarke" <hstead AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Off grid living
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 14:59:31 -0400

Don Bowen KI6DIU wrote:
> From another list
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1GdRbhWReY>http://www.youtube.com/wat
> ch?v=X1GdRbhWReY
>
> That is very good showing warts and all of setting yourself up off the
> grid. I do like the idea of a compound of small special purpose
> buildings. My admiration and respect for Les Stroud just went up
several
> notches. I try to limit myself to as little TV as possible but his
show
> Survivorman has become one I will watch. My grandson really like
watching
> his program if only to see what bug Les will eat next.

I love Survivorman and Man Vs. Wild...Bear has a crew, but it is no less

entertaining and educational, maybe more so.

--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.

"Bear" is a showman. He takes risks and does stuff that you should NOT
do
in most survival situations. I refer to the one where he basically
climbs down canyon
walls in Copper Canyon, without really knowing if the way will lead
down. The jump he
has to make to continue down was just a showman's risk... at least I
hope so.
If it wasn't, it was a foolish move.

Les, the other hand, is fantastic. Not as flashy, but much more useful
stuff. I look
forward to watching all of these videos.

Chris Clarke
(Retransmitting... :D )