homestead - Re: [Homestead] Forget oil and housing, let's talk about water...

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Forget oil and housing, let's talk about water...
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 09:51:35 -0400

> Gene GeRue wrote:
> > On Oct 20, 2007, at 8:22 PM, EarthNSky wrote:
> >
> >> Here is a list of the state's level 4 exceptions and it answers
> >> some of
> >> your questions..
> >> http://www.wsbtv.com/drought/14369378/detail.html
> >
> > Hard for we non-golfers to feel an emergency as long as greens are
> > still being watered. And ornamental growers?

What's 5(l)?

5(l) Other activities essential to daily business.
5(m) Watering-in of pesticides and herbicides on turf.

As long as the pesticides can still be applied and watered in, then
everything is okay.

I saw a picture of a dock on a lake outside of Atlanta sticking up several
feet above water with the shore line several feet away. The caption said,
"This is a dock not a deck."

According to the chart, we're only at Level 1 or 2, but very close to the
level 2 & 3 area. We had some rain on Friday, not much but it counted.

Lisa