homestead - Re: [Homestead] Forget oil and housing, let's talk about water...

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Forget oil and housing, let's talk about water...
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 09:36:16 -0400

And that's the rub....big money businesses like construction companies, golf courses, and real estate developers lobby those who make the rules. Money talks. This is the land of the Masters tournament and other big name tournaments. I think, to some extent, that even the legislators are in denial about how bad the problem really is. They say there is 3 months of water left, but if you look at the reservoirs, you wonder why those exceptions exist. I think, after it is all over, there will be some corruption probes.

Bev