homestead - [Homestead] peak oil was:Morning musing

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] peak oil was:Morning musing
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 15:24:01 -0700

At 9/20/2007, you wrote:
Those who
were saying the production peak is 40 years away are by and large saying now
it's more like 10. Many others say we passed peak two years ago.

I looked into this and think peak was last year or at best within the next five years. Daily oil production has not increased in the last year while demand has. We will not see the affects of tightening supplies for a while but we will see steadily increasing prices. That is what is hiding Peak Oil from us, gasoline is available to anyone who has the money and will be for many more years to come, it is just those with the money will be fewer. This will make it harder to come up with real alternatives until it may be too late.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com