homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning musing

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning musing
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:25:44 -0700

At 9/20/2007 01:11 PM,Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

> At this point government is the only thing that can effectively drag
> us back to to less dependency on oil. I don't think it will so get
> used to being cold and paying $10/gallon for gas.

We've just got to stop moving around so much and heating such big houses.

And wear sweaters.

http://english.people.com.cn/200606/08/eng20060608_272198.html
UPDATED: 20:38, June 08, 2006

>>China plans to increase its nuclear power installed capacity to 40 million kilowatts by 2020, accounting for four percent of the country's total installed capacity by that time, said the National Development and Reform Commission's Zhang.

To reach the goal, China needs to build about 32 nuclear power units each with an installed capacity of one million kilowatts in the coming 15 years, Zhang said.<<

http://russia.suite101.com/article.cfm/nuclear_power_expansion_in_russia
Jul 20, 2007

>>Taking advantage of worldwide energy needs and calls for a clean energy environment, Russia is rapidly implementing a strategy to build and sell new nuclear facilities

Recently, President Vladimir Putin has authorized a massive revival of Russian nuclear power by approving the construction of 26 new nuclear stations across the country. Far from ignoring the economic benefits of foreign sales, the plan includes an additional 60 nuclear power plants for foreign export over the next 20 years.<<

Rob
becida AT comcast.net