homestead - Re: [Homestead] perfect Ecovillage

  • From: KNat <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] perfect Ecovillage
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 09:56:13 -0500

Gene GeRue wrote:
After having dealt with this life thing for quite a while, I am inclined in the direction of having fun, being where I choose to be, with whom I wish to be, and doing what I enjoy, which is a rather long list.

"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for."
--Joseph Addison, 1672-1719
Well I knew YOU didn't need someone's book. That Addison quote covers the "real wealth" part. It has just a few more details on what people don't understand about things that seem valuable and how to balance that value to support real wealth.

I tend like you, but that is because I had the luxury of a life education in the many things that bring me joy, including the joy of inputting to other's happiness. Years of repertoire does make it easier.
Looking for a line or two to summarize why that book came to mind in this discussion, is from a section about laws being a double edge sword and the creation of laws being a societal version of decay (my words, he's much more readable.)
"The first and obvious solution is to be reasonable and prudent in your own actions. The purpose of the Neighbors & Culture Guideline is to remind you to consider how your actions will affect other people around you."
I'm off to clean a hen house and find some extra hands to go to a neighbor and clear out his garage space of the double door I need to restore a small house to share with kindred souls.

Peace,
Kathyann

.