homestead - Re: [Homestead] perfect Ecovillage

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] perfect Ecovillage
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 05:48:58 -0700

From: "KNat"
Thomas Elpel's Field Guide to Money _Direct Pointing to Real Wealth_ has
some clear descriptions of the different value spectrum you two are
using. Anyone on this list read it?

I've never read that, but I've read Gene Logsdon's pastoral economics,
where things like quality of life, protecting the environment, and
sustainability are as important as money.

Personal experience, values, philosophy, goals, skills and work ethic all contribute to the life one leads. What we here call the homestead life runs from James' frugal model to those of us who mostly just prefer country life and produce what we can, but the main enterprise is not of traditional homesteading. No choice is right or wrong but for the individual who chooses. Whatever floats your boat is good with me.

After having dealt with this life thing for quite a while, I am inclined in the direction of having fun, being where I choose to be, with whom I wish to be, and doing what I enjoy, which is a rather long list.

"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for."
--Joseph Addison, 1672-1719