homestead - Re: [Homestead] perfect Ecovillage

  • From: KNat <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] perfect Ecovillage
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:30:42 -0500

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
Like many things in life good things too have a purchase price, and a cost.
Some folks can use their assets, and savings to purchase such alifestyle; others
with less assets have to work so much >harder, make untold sacrifices etc. to
live simply on a small homestead.

Hi Frank; I think this is where we would disagree. If living simply
involves 'untold sacrifices', it isn't the lifestyle for that person.
Simplicity ISN'T for everyone. Many people consider physical labor to be
an unreasonable burden; why sweat if you can hire some one to do it for
you? Why walk if you can drive (my neighbor in the McMansion drives to his
mailbox). Not having the latest 'whatever' is deprevation to them. These
people aren't suited to homesteading.
Thomas Elpel's Field Guide to Money _Direct Pointing to Real Wealth_ has some clear descriptions of the different value spectrum you two are using. Anyone on this list read it?

Kathyann