homestead - Re: [Homestead] Farming Commune?

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Farming Commune?
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:58:24 -0400

Hi Lynn!
My heart goes out to you, as i have had similar circumstances along
the way. Tho i have a new and improved model husband now, i am the lone
farmer/grower here, too! One daughter has fledged the nest for college
last year and the other has one more year at home, before her starting at
Berea where sister is! What shall we be when we do the next round -
why, growers, of course! I heartily understand your love of the
lifestyle - also the economy of your area sounds alot like our place in
Appalachia, too!

I would urge you to study/google for "Intentional Communities". It is a
wonderful place to see all sorts of lifestyles and established farm
communities that are out there. Great for you to dream onward that way!

I wish i had help on our farm, but there isn't much dough to be made
here, tho it is La Dolce Vita!!

Good Luck - perseverance will win out for us along the way, hee-hee ;)
Toni in E KY.