homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seizure in dogs

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seizure in dogs
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 22:29:19 -0500

Hi Marie,

I have a yellow lab that suffered two seizures at age 4, and has not to my knowledge had another once since. Other than the fact she eats rocks (which are everywhere) and has almost no teeth left, she is still going strong at age 12. I took her to Texas A&M's veterinary school for all kinds of tests and they could not figure anything out. That's not to say you shouldn't try, but a comfort to know it may all turn out OK.

I've had a couple of friends recently with older dogs that had seizures and were diagnosed with Cushings, some kind of pituitary tumor, and neither dogs survived the medicine which seemed very drastic like some of the toxic cancer drugs. I think if my dog were diagnosed with that I would look to a more holistic solution.

I'll hold Louie in my thoughts.

--Sage
way out in Texas

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 22:01:51 -0500