homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seizure in dogs

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seizure in dogs
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 07:47:13 -0500

On 4/10/07, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:
In some dogs, this is the age where genetically pre-disposed epilepsy
rears it's ugly head. I hope that is not the case for Louie.

I've checked with long-time Anatolian breeders who tell me that
epilepsy in Anatolians is rare and usually appears to be
environmental. Again this morning, Louie appears to be just fine. I'm
hoping that this isn't going to be permanent, but of course, there's
no way to tell. The vet can at least rule out obvious causes.

Marie