homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seizure in dogs

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seizure in dogs
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:29:35 -0500

Same here, I witnessed one and then just the after effects of another, and then nothing for eight past years. Let's hope it's the same for Louie.

If he isn't eating well you might try the Pitcairn recipes (Dr. Pitcairn's Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs & Cats), I use them whenever I have a sick dog. The easiest (because digestion takes a lot of energy, as does healing) is to cook a pot of oatmeal by bringing the water to a boil, throwing it in, turning off the heat, and stirring in some eggs. They can eat it as soon as it's cooled down enough. Have never had a sick dog refuse this meal.

1 cup rolled oats to 3 eggs yields 2-1/4 cups for a medium dog, double for a larger dog like Louie. You can add 1-2 t of bone meal or a t of eggshell powder which I make from grinding the eggshells in a coffee grinder, nutritional yeast, etc.

--Sage
way out in Texas

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 07:49:07 -0500