homestead - Re: [Homestead] Potatoes

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Potatoes
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:24:55 -0700

Could be why my neighbor, who has to be at least 90, always grows her's in dark brown plastic garbage cans. She also only grows these really yummy dark red potatoes. I always wondered why she went out and bought these real dark brown garbage cans and didn't buy the light green ones which seem to always be on sale for about half the price. I know she has degrees in biology and chemistry. I just figured she did it because they are very efficient (number of potatoes to small space the garbage can takes up) and it is easy for her to dump them over and pick the potatoes out but I do know that I've never seen any green on her potatoes.

Now, does anyone can their potatoes? If so, can you then cut them up into
sticks and deep fry them for french fries?

Lynda, who is patiently waiting for her new pressure canner since the old
one seems to have grown legs and walked.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>