homestead - [Homestead] Asparagus, sticks, and Kimi

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Asparagus, sticks, and Kimi
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:56:45 -0400

Kimi, you ask? One of the things y'all probably don't know about me, if there is anything, is that I am a big Formula One racing fan, and I have been a Kimi Raikkonen fan for a long time. Year after year with McLaren, his car broke and he had other problems, but finally, it looks like this will be his year now that he made the jump to Ferrari. He won Australia last night, and I was psyched!! The Iceman Cometh!!
Okay, so on to homestead stuff...
I spent the morning picking up sticks to load Bed #4 and watching Ron rig the old trailer we are converting to haul the canoe. We had hoped to get the canoe on the water this weekend, but it is still a bit cold for turning turtle in the boat. The trailer is almost finished and ready to be tagged.
I got my first asparagus today, 3 spears, so I know that Spring is almost here. There's still no word on the job, so I continue to garden as usual. My tomatoes are almost 4 inches tall now and look healthy. I wish I could fast forward time so that other things will be ready to eat. The peaches and plums have already bloomed, the pears are right at peak bloom, and the dogwoods are just opening. I can faintly see the purple flowers on the redbuds. Yesterday, I fertilized my trees with the organic garden fertilizer I got...that was a real job since I have a lot of small trees.
The rest of the day I'll probably be cutting metal siding in preparation to build the new strawberry bed, finish loading Bed #4 with sticks and rotting wood, top that with cardboard, and put the tiller head on the weedeater to turn the compost.
Happy Gardening!

Bev
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.

  • [Homestead] Asparagus, sticks, and Kimi, EarthNSky, 03/18/2007