homestead - Re: [Homestead] An attire dilemma

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] An attire dilemma
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 16:10:21 -0500

I thought I had told my frostbitten story here, but if you want a good
laugh, here goes...
Back in the day I wore overalls religiously, from the age of 17 to about
20 or so, I also had another transformation. That was when I decided to
stop wearing a bra and makeup. Back then, I was slow to develop, so I
could actually wear a tube top instead.(These days, I am too big..LOL)
I would generally wear a tube top, an overshirt, and my overalls.
Sometimes, I'd wear a tank top, and sometimes I didn't wear anything in
lieu of the bra.(just a shirt, Van Dell :) ) So, I am at college, and
that winter we had a huge snowstorm. As college kids do, we took class
cancellation as an opportunity to embibe and have fun. As we all know,
cafeteria trays make great sleds, and at the college I attended, there
was a huge sloped driving range that was absolutely perfect for
sledding. I was in the dorm having a good time with my friends. I was
wearing a flannel shirt, a tube top, and overalls. After a few drinks,
we decided to go sledding, and of course, I was so wasted that I didn't
even grab a jacket, we just left.
Sled, sled sled, we had a helluva time, but my fun came to an abrupt end
when I crashed into a snowbank, front side down, and apparently passed
out. When I came to, godonlyknowshowlonglater, I was very, very cold..I
had snow inside of my overalls, and my tubetop had slid down. I went
back to the dorm to change from my wet clothes and realized that my
boobs were frostbitten. What the heck!!!! It was very painful. I sat
near a fireplace, trying to thaw them, but after a few hours, I ended up
going to the ER. Try explaining that one to the docs. I was okay, no
permanent damage, but it was about that time that I stopped wearing
overalls everyday..lol..as well as tube tops cuz they wouldn't stay up.

Bev, who still goes bra-less about 99% of the time, but not when playing
in the snow...lesson learned.

VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:
Bev, Please forgive me for the image that comes to my mind when you say that. Van Dell

--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.